TU Berlin

Doctoral and Postdoctoral ServicesStep by Step


Page Content

to Navigation

Step by Step

Step1:find a supervisor (individual/structured program) and sign a supervision aggreement

Contact Points

Nachwuchsbüro (VB)
Fraunhoferstr. 33-36
Room FH 603
10623 Berlin

Tel. +49 (0)30 314-29622
E-Mail: info[at]tudoc[dot]tu-berlin[dot]de
  • information and counseling for PhD students and Post-Docs
  • overview of possible courses and options for funding
FSC (Faculty-Service-Center)
  • application as a doctoral candidate
  • details on formalities
Equivalence of foreign degrees
International Office (ID)
Straße des 17. Juni 135
Room H 42
10623 Berlin

Tel: +49 (0)30 314 - 24692
Email: peter[dot]marock[at]tu-berlin[dot]de
  • consultation regarding doctorate/postgraduate studies at TU Berlin with an international degree
Admission and Enrollment
Graduate Admissions (IA1)
Room H 48-50
Straße des 17. Juni 135
10623 Berlin

Tel. +49 (0)30 314-29999

  • enrollment as doctoral candidate

International Student Counseling
International Office (ID)
Straße des 17.Juni 135
Room H 51
10623 Berlin

Tel. +49 (0)30 314-24359
E-Mail: binstud[at]auslandsamt[dot]tu-berlin[dot]de

  • general information about staying, living and working in Berlin and at TUB
  • personal counseling

Semester Fees for Doctoral Students

For the enrollment and re-registration a semester fee has to be paid. The basis for the semester fee is provided by the fee regulations. The contribution is always announced only at the beginning of the re-registration period. For more detailed information, please check here.

Doctoral students can be liberated by request from the obligation to pay the Students’ Transport Pass according to § 18a Abs. 4 Berliner Hochschulgesetz vom 20. Januar 2015, §1(6).  

Doctoral students can also be liberated from having to pay the administrative fee according to § 2 Abs. 7 Berliner Hochschulgesetz in case of leave due to military service, an exchange program or an international university partnership agreement (for foreign doctoral students), or if they are part of a support program, which is is financed exclusively or predominantly from public funds. If you want to find out whether you can be liberated from this fee, you can contact the Office of Student Affairs.


Quick Access

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe