TU Berlin

Doctoral and Postdoctoral ServicesRegistration with local authorities


Page Content

to Navigation

In Germany, every resident staying for more than three months must register with the local authorities at the nearest town hall (Einwohnermeldeamt or Bürgeramt). This has to be done within two weeks after arrival in Berlin, even if you only have temporary accommodation at the time. After each move you need to renew your registration. Keep the Registration Certificate (Anmeldebestätigung) for your entire stay in Germany. You will need to present it every time you go to the Berlin Foreigners Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde) and for other activities e.g. opening a bank account.

On this Website (only German), all registration offices of Berlin are listed. For the registration you will need to bring a completed registration form (Anmeldeformular - only in German) and your ID card respectively your passport.


Quick Access

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe