Prearrangements at home
- Find a supervisor or apply for a structured program. 
- Apply for a study or research visa. 
- Plan your travel and health insurance. 
- Find an accommodation. 
- Take a German language course. 
- Proof of finances. 
- Make sure you have prepared following important documents 
------ Links: ------
- Passports or equivalent identity document, which needs to be valid for your entire stay in Germany.
- Entry visa.
(If you bring your family with you, they will need their passports and a visa too!)
- Proof of admission/ acceptance by your department/ Letter of invitation from the university or institute. This may also be your supervisor’s letter of acceptance of your research project or the fellowship award letter.
- Certified copies (in German or English) of your latest degree certificate – depending on your planned work this can be a master degree or a doctoral degree.
- Proof of health insurance coverage in Germany.
- If you want to drive a car in Germany you will need an international or national driver’s licens, a certified translation in German or English and proof of car insurance.