TU Berlin

Doctoral and Postdoctoral ServicesVisa


Page Content

to Navigation

Nationals of the EU and the EEA countries don’t need a visa for Germany. A national identity card is sufficient.

Nationals of Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, Korea, New Zealand and the US can enter Germany without a visa but need to register with the local authorities ("Einwohnermeldeamt") within one week after arrival if the stay in Germany lasts longer than three months. At the Foreigners' office you will need to apply for a residence permit.

Nationals coming from other countries need to apply for a National Visa for Germany (D Visa) in their home country. The procedure is time-consuming and as the visa must be issued before you can enter Germany you should apply for it at least 3 months before your departure. Please note that this visa will be valid for Germany only and no other European country.

Non-EU nationals that are not graduates of TU Berlin need to apply for general graduate admissions online. The admission is in general a prerequisite to obtain a visa. In order to apply for general graudate admission, please follow this link.

More information about visa regulations for Germany you can find at the websites of the Federal Foreign Office.


Quick Access

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe